bright dining room

What is Home Staging?

Home Staging is the art of packaging your home to make it appeal to the largest pool of potential buyers, resulting in a quicker sale and a higher price than would otherwise be expected. It’s a proven and low-cost marketing tool that employs a combination of furniture arrangement, cosmetic enhancement, accessory placement and de-cluttering to transform a home into a welcoming and attractive product for sale. A professional home stager is trained with a “buyer’s eye” and knows which changes and updates will provide the greatest return on your staging investment.

Top Ten Reasons to Professionally Stage Your Home

  1. You will make more money
    U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged home will sell for 17% more than an unstaged home.
  2. Your house will sell faster
    The New York Village Voice reported that, on average, a staged home sells in less than half the time of an unstaged home.
  3. A fast sale means no need for a price reduction
    A staged home sells for a higher percentage of the original listing price than an unstaged home.
  4. Staging dramatically increases the number of buyers who seriously consider buying your home
    Only 10% of buyers can visualize the potential of a home. The other 90% react to the home based on what they see. Home staging makes your home appeal to a wide range of buyers.
  5. Staging doesn’t cost you a dime
    A 2007 Home Gain survey revealed that a few hundred dollars spent on staging yielded a return on investment of over 300%.
  6. The extra money you make is tax free
    Take advantage of your tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar possible.
  7. Rarely can home sellers stage effectively on their own
    Effective staging takes experience and objectivity. Most sellers have an emotional attachment to their home and cannot view it objectively. And if you can’t see it objectively, you can’t “package” it effectively.
  8. Avoid the trap of selling “as is” because staging seems like too much trouble
    An “as is” house gives potential buyers the impression they have more negotiating leverage. If adequate improvements are made, there is no need for negotiations.
  9. Better photos bring in more buyers
    Over 80% of home buyers search online before visiting the home. Staged homes look much better in photos, and attract more buyers to your home. Your professional stager will transform your rooms, take photos to capture the results and give them to your real estate agent to use in marketing your home.
  10. You Can Relax
    You will have the satisfaction of knowing you have done absolutely everything possible to affect a quick sale of your most valuable commodity and for top dollar.

For more information about the benefits of staging, go to our FAQ page.

Free Newsletter

Go to signup form

Staging Links

Did you know…?

The longer your house is on the market, the lower the price will be?

Don’t be in a position where you have to lower your price…have your home staged.

Please Contact Us

Anne West

Call me at 847-687-5957

Or email me

Professional Home Stager and Designer logo HSR certified American Society of Home Stagers and Redesigners logo ASHSR